What's new in Version 10
Pricing & Comparison Chart
PayPunch is a Biometric Time Clock & Attendance tracking system that replaces the typical time clock used to track employees attendance. Instead of employees punching a time-card, they simply insert their hand into the reader and enter their employee number. PayPunch does the rest!
How will it save your company money?
PayPunch is a simple solution that pays for itself over and over again by allowing your company to:
- Automate payroll processing
- Eliminate buddy-punching
- Eliminate time-cards
- Eliminate early punch-ins
- Eliminate unauthorized overtime
- Eliminate hours of payroll calculations
- Accurately reports employee time/attendance to Payroll & HR
"It's truly the most powerful tool we have...
Our labor processing costs went down over 80% and it is due to the capabilities of the PayPunch."
Global Wood Group
How does it work?
PayPunch uses a biometric device that makes 96 discreet images of the hand and creates a sophisticated algorithm to generate and store a unique numerical template. Each time an employee scans his/her hand, a new number is generated and compared to the one on file. The device accurately identifies the employee and records their in/out transaction in the payroll database... all in about 1-second!
Is the PayPunch legal and is it safe to use?
Absolutely! The PayPunch does not store images of your employees' hands, nor can it use any stored information to create images of employees' hands. It does not x-ray and there is no exposure to anything harmful whatsoever. It is simply an accurate measurement device for identification and reporting purposes.
Unlike other biometric time & attendance tracking devices on the market, PayPunch does not infringe on any employee rights and cannot be used for anything other than its intended purpose. Different from the rest? You bet. Unlike retina scanners, palm scanners, fingerprint scanners and voice recognition systems, PayPunch is perfectly legal and non-intrusive.
What is a Biometric device?
Biometry is the statistical analysis of biological observations and phenomena. PayPunch uses a biometric device that recognizes each employee's hand and records their time/attendance data to produce an accurate payroll in significantly less time than ever before!
Is the PayPunch cost effective?
Yes. PayPunch usually pays for itself within 1 month. It completely eliminates the time required by the Shift Supervisor to monitor the time-clock activity at punch-in/out times and significantly reduces the manual involvement of the payroll and human resources departments. The savings can be very substantial.
Calculate your future savings!
"This is one amazing piece of software!
We started using it immediately after installation and have only great things to say about it!
PayPunch lives up to it's promise... and then some.
It provides us with everything we need to know to control our labor costs.
What a time and money saver!"
Global Wood Customs
What's new in Version 10
What's new in Version 9
- Job Code and Account Number - the working hour control now takes into account job type with ability of tying up job code to user accounts. Added to Settings: insets, wizard, reports, export, employee edit card.
- New Custom Reports Editor - a new redesigned custom reports editor for more convenient and intuitive use.
- Added Fields in the Export Editor - i.e: AccountCode, AccountName, AccountHours, JobCode, JobName, Job Code Hours, Exception Hours, Exception Code, Exception Name.
- Easy Export for Working Details - working details can now be easily exported.
- Overtime for Divided Period - overtime can now be calculated for divided periods.
- Expanded Fields "actual in/out", "rounded in/out" - mentioned fields are now split into "date" and "time" under export.
- Extended Settings for SMTP Server - email notification settings now have option for choosing SSL for SMTP server.
- Added Filters for Grids - grids now have their own filtering options.
- Extended Employee Card Profile Settings - it is now possible to add photo to an employee card.
- New Push Mode for Device Operation - devices can communicate in real time with the software.
- Installation Procedure Improvements - reduced number of reboots, optimized default settings.
- Plus More...
What's new in Version 8
- Registration Change Report - ability to generate
reports of changes made to the registration information. See who made
the changes, when the change was made, as well as the support notes to
- Recovery of Unidentified Employees - all
employees that have been added to the device, regardless of their
status in PayPunch will be imported into the database.
Conveniently, the information can be adjusted afterwards to meet the
- Weekly Shifts - new shift mode is added.
- Email Notifications - reports can now be sent
over email via notifications plug-in.
- Extended Exceptions - more rules were added for
controlling exceptions. It is now possible to control whether the
exception should be paid or not (i.e. specify the number of
consecutive working days required for an exception to count as
- Working Shift Hours Rules - in a weekly shift
mode, the new rules were added for working shift hours.
- New Auto Shift Assignment - new automatic shift
assignment option for weekly shifts.
- New Visual Styles - new Office 2010 visual
- Plus More...
- Registration - PayPunch license key is now stored in database. Multiple installations of PayPunch that share common database no longer have to be registered separately. After initial registration is completed, the information is added to the database and applied to the remaining PayPunch instances.
- User Management - Company Supervisor and Company User roles can be assigned to multiple companies. Analogous, Department Supervisor and Department User roles can be assigned to multiple departments within the same company.
- Default Shifts - New capability to set default shifts for every day. When downloading attendance logs time rounding is done by the shifts rules.
- Multiple Shifts- New parameter “Allow Multiple Shifts” is added to Company settings.
- Shifts/Assignments - Limitations for time shift characteristics are removed. (ex. Date for the minimum registration time no longer has to match the date of the shift start). Ability to set shifts by default (“Apply Default Shifts”) as well as rounding of registrations by assigned shifts rules (“Apply Rounding”). Added diagram for the scheduled weekly shifts (“Weekly Schedule”). Updated calendar for assignment of shifts. Implemented calendar hot keys (PageUp, PageDown, Shift + PageUp/PageDown).
- Double Overtime and Mixed Overtime - Ability to add a Double or Mixed Overtime for a company.
- Reports - Two types of reports are added: Shift Schedule (Department and Employee, Date and Shift, Shift and Date) and Default Shifts (default list of shifts for selected employees).
- Export - Ability to export PayPunch data into various payroll system formats (AccPac, ADP QuickBooks etc.). PayPunch Export Editor allows dynamic creation of templates for upcoming payroll solutions.
- Plus More...
- Daily and weekly statistics and reports
- Manual adjustments (by Authorized Personnel only)
- Shifts schedule support
- Attendance exceptions tracking
- Multi-factories support
- Multi-devices support
- Vacation tracking
- Paid-holidays tracking
- Multi-level password protection
- Employees Records Locking to prevent unintended data overwrites
- Flexible configuration of the rounding rules and grace periods
- Attendance data export to Payroll software
- Employee picture capturing from the video device or file
- Fully customizable to accommodate different business rules
"Our company decided to implement PayPunch to better control our labor costs.
Integration with the existing Payroll software significantly reduced time needed for payroll processing. PayPunch helped us cap our overtime usage as well.
We have found the PayPunch to be very beneficial to our company as it means employee information is more accurate and staff can not lose their means of identification!"
Drastically Reduces Payroll Processing Cost
Eliminates paper cards and all cost associated with paper cards (cards, ribbons, etc.)
Reduces time needed to verify attendance data
Reduces time needed to calculate and process payroll
Eliminates mistakes in calculating work hours and other human errors (manual reentering, etc.)
Centralized payroll processing reduces HR and accounting personnel involvement
Biometric HandReaders provide with highest level of security
Impossible to punch in or out for somebody else
Helps Managers and Supervisors Control Overtime
Enforces company rounding rules and policies for multiple shifts and departments
Provides reports identifying overtime usage for better control
Keeps historical data to analyze trends and labor costs
Monitors Multiple Locations
Multiple locations, departments, shifts and companies support
Flexible remote HandReader connectivity options - Network (TCP/IP), Modem or Serial cable
Provides headquaters with better control tool over labor costs and allocation
Real-time labor data availability - no more waiting days and weeks to get latest labor costs
One central database supports multiple installations
"One of the best features of PayPunch is how easy it is to operate.
Within one day, I was able to monitor our employees in real time.
Since purchasing this software, we have seen a 90% reduction in timecard processing time."
Prospec Manufacturing Inc.
"I am new to the world of Time & Attendance systems, especially biometric ones, but I have had to learn fast.
Of all the software I have had (to) learn, PayPunch was by far the most user friendly.
The staff has been so helpful and if that isn't enough,
Xpress Software even coached us on the phone and remotely via internet.
That just took all the questions out of how this software can maximize my profit potential.
I have learned so much using this software alone... PayPunch is worth every penny."
Global MTM Inc.
Minimum System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2, (.NET Framework 3.5, IIS 5.1)
- IBM compatible CPU with 1.5 GHZ Intel Pentium processor or faster
- 512 MB RAM (at least 1 GB recommended for Windows Server 2008, Vista, 7)
- 100 MB free hard disk space
- 800 x 600 screen resolution with 16-bit high color or above
- 10/100 megabit network interface card
- Windows compatible printer
- For Ethernet connected readers: TCP/IP Protocol must be installed
- For Directly connected readers: at least one available Serial COM Port
- For Telephone line connected readers: modem and a telephone line